Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Engines - Clutch pedal stays down ? = Master Cylinder

View Single Post
post #38 of (permalink) Old 11th November 2010
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Engines - Clutch pedal stays down ? = Master Cylind

Just replaced the master cylinder for all the reasons listed above.

One thing though, that may save a lot of heartache.... don't push it too far with trying to undo the 8mm(9mm in my case) bleed nipple. You will break the plastic housing and then you'll be swearing!
If you cannot safely operate from below the vehicle, and are forced to do it from above at the roadside like me, then the following may be helpful.

The nipple unit is a metal part that sits in the plastic slave housing, and is on a quick release clip like the other parts, and if you remove the clip carefully you can withdraw the whole nipple assembly. Mine was seized up and would never have undone with spanners!
Use the pressure bleeder(Gunsons eezibleed is great!) and pull out the bleed nipple unit by hand to bleed the slave cylinder. Okay it dribbles brake fluid down over stuff but a watering can of soapy water will sort that out. When bled replace the clip and you're done!
You WILL have to undo and pull aside the inlet pipe and the pipe to the intercooler, and remove the plastic clamp for the two coolant pipes, but it's well worth doing.
Currently in al4567's garage:
2003 LagunaII 1.9 dCi (120bhp)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome