Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - RX4 Rear Door Problems

View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 15th November 2010
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Re: RX4 Rear Door Problems

Hi Tim, sounds like the switch is playing up in yours. Mine's had that too, just recently. I had to give the door a very hard rap, just near the button to shock it back into life. It hurt like hell 'cause I just used my hand. The switch is likely to have suffered water damage and should be Ok if you just clean it well and give it a dsoe of WD-40 or similar or even some spray lube to keep the H2o out as much as possible.

I am almost 100% certain the lock mechanism on the 2wd Scenic is the same as the Rx4 and am off to the breakers this week to get a couple of solenoid locks from the 2 cars they have. Mine's still not right but I did move the lower latch to the window spot and have a tiny ball pein hammer to give the latch a sharp tap when it's misbehaving. I've just left the top trim off the latch to make it easier to access.
Currently in OzRX4's garage:
2001 Megane Scenic RX4 Privelege Verve, 2003 Clio Privelege 1.4auto, {son's car}
The Following User Says Thank You to OzRX4 For This Useful Post:
tim c (15th November 2010)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome