Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic II - Access the resistor pack in 5 mins.

View Single Post
post #117 of (permalink) Old 15th November 2010
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Scenic II - Access the resistor pack in 5 mins.

The climate set up if the same. I unblocked the scuttle panels drains (See another thread), replaced the pollen filter, as it looked like water and/or blocked filter burnt out my resistor. When I removed it there were a lot of water marks on it.

If you put the plugs back in, slightly to the left of it (Towards the dash rather than the bulkhead) is a torx screw (T15 IIRC), undo this (Don't lose it!) and pop out the resistor. My wiring was fine, it was the resistor causing the issue. I was blindly undoing the screw and had to purchase a new stubby screw driver just for the job.

The fan kicked straight back in (The 400 earmarked for Renault made it's way to the Apple shop). The skin has started to grow back on my arms, at one point I had both arms inside the dash.

Love this forum btw, it's saved me stacks and my stock is very high with the father-in-law (Senior fixer upper).

Good luck.
Currently in harry20's garage:
Scenic II 1.9DCI, BMW 320i
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome