View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 16th November 2010 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Send a message via MSN to mike89
Seizing brakes

Hi all,

I have a small problem with my Clio.

I changed the passenger side slave cylinder on the back drums as the old one was leaking bad.
It was only until I got the new shoes out of the box that I realised they were the wrong ones, so I had to put the old ones back on. The old ones are soaked and contaminated in brake fluid so I expected them not to work as well.

However, since then that particular back brake is seizing when I'm in and around town. It is only when I use the foot brake that it seizes. At the moment I am just pulling through it and it unseizes as I go along however I dread to think about the additional weight on the clutch and fuel consumption.

It did this about 2 days before I replaced the cylinder and I thought it was that but obviously I wrong.

Has anybody got any ideas as to what it is???

I did notice that when I put the shoe assembly back together the adjuster didn't seem to work but at the time it was dark, very windy and starting to rain so I had to just put it back!

Any suggestions would be great!
Currently in mike89's garage:
Ford KA Style
  5 Lastest Threads by mike89
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Unusual Clutch Biting Point... Transmissions mike89 0 1267 21st April 2012 08:49 AM
Possible thermostat problem? Heating & cooling mike89 7 1972 15th October 2011 10:07 AM
Heater blower resistor Heating & cooling mike89 0 1395 10th July 2011 04:56 PM
Clio inlet manifold leak? Engines mike89 0 2093 28th May 2011 04:41 PM
Clio rocker/valve cover gasket. Engines mike89 2 4344 22nd May 2011 11:06 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome