Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - New member and scared already

View Single Post
post #12 of (permalink) Old 5th August 2006
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
I have had the megane IDE coupe for 2 years now and so far so good, bought it at 40k and now on 58k, was worried at some peoples comments that it would all go wrong at around 50 but to read some peoples mileages on Laguna's puts my mind at ease a bit.

Personally I change the oil at least every few months or 3k and not much longer just to be safe and now and again buy a double pack of STP injection cleaner/multi valve cleaner from Halfrauds plus occasionally switch to using super for a while i.e. Optimax or more recently Ultimate and I find it takes some of the shake off the idling which is sometimes noticeable in this small car, main thing I think with these is keeping the fuel system as clean as you can.

Only real problem I had was when I first got it, engine management/starting problems due to the fuel pressure regulator which was fixed by the dealer.

Apart from the expense of getting some things fixed due to its rarity such as the unusual 195x50x16 tyres and some other custom parts like the exhaust which recently cost me £200 for the centre and back its been a great car generally so far and its rarity is one thing I like about it, most people think its a Diesel that ask you apart from the odd person that has seen the car in the computer game Gran Turismo where it is featured and ask how fast it is.

It looks like quite anonymous from the outside and its great to see the young boys lining up at the lights in mummy's 1.2Corsa thinking they are going to have you only to let the IDE take off because they have no idea what they are sat next to, brings a smile to your face but is at its best going from 50-80 on the motorway in 4th or 5th and still feels like it would go on forever when most other cars are getting tired at that speed.

Last edited by bgdave; 5th August 2006 at 11:04 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome