Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Water ingress in Renault Megane Scenic Alize 1999

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 17th November 2010 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Water ingress in Renault Megane Scenic Alize 1999

- SORRY - Posted this by mistake in Engines ealier, this is probably a better place? Aargh. Sorry very new to all this......

I have the problem of water in the footwells/whole of floor inside which lots of people here seem to have had too with these cars.

Apologies, I am totally new to all of this so do forgive any etiquette transgressions. Here goes:

I've read loads of advice on drainage from sunroof and looking at taking off the wheel arch liner to unblock the outflow pipes to avoid water. How do I do that though? Do I need to take off the wheels to get to the trim? I'm assuming this is behind the wheel on the outside of the car, not the interior?

Would I be able to get some wire down the pipes without having to take this wheel liner off to unblock the pipes?!

Really grateful for any advice at all, I'm worried the bottom of the car is going to rot from the inside.

Thanks a lot in anticipation...
Currently in Rainydaymegane's garage:
Renault Megane Scenic Alize 1.6 1999
  5 Lastest Threads by Rainydaymegane
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Megane Scenic Exhaust Manifold Replacement Exhausts Rainydaymegane 5 5826 21st June 2011 11:03 AM
Water ingress in Renault Megane Scenic Alize 1999 Bodywork Rainydaymegane 2 2138 17th November 2010 04:00 PM
Water ingress in 1999 Megane Scenic Engines andytvcams 1 1101 17th November 2010 03:08 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome