Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2 - Speedo Not Working*FIXED*

View Single Post
post #29 of (permalink) Old 19th November 2010
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Clio 2 - Speedo Not Working*FIXED*

Hi All,

Got a slightly different problem I think. Missus has a Clio MK2, 51 plate. Keep losing speedo for weeks at a time with abs and all warnings light lit, then comes back again for a few days, etc. The car doesn't have the sensor on the gearbox (although Renault were happy to sell me one, even after supplying the chassis number) - verified by my mechanic.

I believe the alternative speedo pick-up method is via the passenger side abs sensor and reluctor ring.

My mechanic has attempted a scan of the abs controller and confirms he can not connect to it with his diagnostic software - he has tried on a similar model Clio which works ok so I'm fairly sure his diag software is working ok.

Wondering where to go from here - seems little point in replacing the abs sensor and reluctor ring if it is a problem with the abs controller or wiring.

Any thoughts? Could communication with the abs controller be affected by dodgy wiring going into the tamper proof 'black box' at the back of the engine?

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome