Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Garage broked my car

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 19th November 2010
Technical Supremo

Nominated 16 Times in 67 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 28
Thanked 5,199 Times in 4,711 Posts
Re: Garage broked my car

The outside temperature reading error is most likely due to a gaulty sensor in the door mirror. It is possible it may have had a knock whilst in the garage - are there any signs of damage to either of the mirrors. They are known to fail on their own so proving they damaged it may difficult.

On the first occasion the fitted the auxilary belt and its tensioners did the engine run OK with no signs of noise. If so then the repair would seem to be OK. Fitting a new belt and tensioner will put more tensioner on the alternator and air-con pump (if fitted) so if already worn to some extent the additional pressure may have caused the alternator to seize resulting in the auxiliary belt failing taking the timing belt with it. I sorry to hear of your plight but if the alternator failed after their repair you may have a hard time proving their work caused the secondary failure.
I suggest you seek legal advice from Trading Standards or similar organisation.

I appreciate the engine was damaged a short while after the garage fixed it but proving they were responsible is a different matter.
Currently in madnoel10's garage:
Honda Civic 1.4l
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome