Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic II - Access the resistor pack in 5 mins.

View Single Post
post #120 of (permalink) Old 20th November 2010
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Scenic II - Access the resistor pack in 5 mins.

ok, courtesy of the instructions from bluemonkey here, I got the Climate Control back working on my Scenic today. Its a real pain in the nuts to do, and my arm is scraped to bits but definitely worth persisting at.

Renault quoted me ***8364;500 to fix this - 200 for the part and 300 for labour! I found the part here for ***8364;50, its exactly the same brand as the one I pulled out of the car, and was able to access the unit (variously called a rheostat or actuator) using the method described at the start of this thread. Still need to replace the pollen filter so it doesn't fail again, but that seems straightforward enough.

My tips for anyone trying this - tie string to any screwdrivers or hex keys you are using as if you drop them behind the dash, you won't get them back. Also use masking-tape to attach the screw to the head of the screwdriver/key when you are screwing it back in.

here's a photo of the original unit, in situ and then removed:

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00106.jpg
Views:	2356
Size:	34.2 KB
ID:	11550   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00109.jpg
Views:	2341
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	11551  
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome