Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic info

View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 23rd November 2010
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 2 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Send a message via MSN to Haree
Re: Renault Scenic info

what sort of driving are you doing in your scenic and how do you drive your scenic. Obviously your driving style will affect fuel economy, lots of town runs and being heavy on the gas will give poorer fuel economy compared to a longer motorway drive with a light foot. Also how are you working out your MPG, because the computer is not 100% accurate. The best way to work out your mpg is to fill the tank and zero the trip computer, then when the reserve light comes on refill the tank, convert the litres to gallons and devide the miles you have done on that tank by the amount of gallons you have put in. Most mobile phones have a converter. As for the idling problem could be the timing, but I guess it would run very badly if at all if the timing was out. The throttle body may need cleaning so I would investigate that first.

Currently in Haree's garage:
I don't have a garage just a driveway. The Modus 1.6 16v VVT Dynamique Auto is my Grandparents car which I also drive.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome