Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2003 - Engines - Loss of power and Warning Light

View Single Post
post #127 of (permalink) Old 23rd November 2010
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Clio 2003 - Engines - Loss of power and Warning Light

Hi guys, I had the same throttle problem mentioned here but I'm wondering if there is a difference between 8v engines and 16v engines?Any problems more common with 8v rather than 16v?
I've got a 51 reg 8v 1.2 authentique which just started having throttle problems. Last Friday the accelerator just stopped responding on the motorway and the electrics orange light came up. The mechanic changed the water pump & cambelt,since it seemed to be rattling and no fault showed up on the electronics scan. Next day, i had the same problem, a throttle pedal fault came up, pedal got replaced but the throttle stopped responding again on the motorway today. I've noticed when the accelerator stops responding the engine revs from 1.5k to 2kconstantly. Also a weird clicking noise is lately coming from somewhere behind the dashboard but only when I "floor" it. Any ideas what it could be?Should I ask the mechanic to check the throttle body ?the cables?The coils ?

Also anyone else got problems with emulsified oil on the oil cap?I've got loads lately although a sniffer test didn't show anything.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome