Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic II - Access the resistor pack in 5 mins.

View Single Post
post #129 of (permalink) Old 27th November 2010
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Scenic II - Access the resistor pack in 5 mins.

I've just completed the job on the wife's Scenic 2004. Renault advised the car needed both loom and resistor pack, so purchased these and did the job myself.
I removed the connector block & resistor pack as described earlier in the thread, however upon inspection the resistor pack looked ok and it was simply the connector block that had melted.
I spliced the new loom and block in which was very easy, simply do one wire at a time, you can't go wrong.
I then connected to old resistor pack while removed and everything worked fine!
Have now put back together and plan on returning the new resistor pack to Renault given I didn't need it!

If I was doing the job again, I wouldn't remove the resistor pack given this is the hardest part. But simply remove the connector, cut it of and connect the replacement loom / connector. This resolves the problem of overheating due to wires being connected to 2 terminals. Reconnect it and see if it solves your problem?
If not you now know it's the resistor pack also, and you'll then need to remove and replace it which is difficult if you have wide forearms, but at least you know both parts are needed and you've not wasted time removing the resistor pack as I did!

For a job that Renault quoted just short of 400, it's ended up costing the price of the new loom 35!

Hope this helps!!
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome