Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Anyone know what this is?

View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 27th November 2010
Scenic Fidji
Posts: n/a
Re: Anyone know what this is?

Originally Posted by andyf8 View Post
It looks to me like part of an old crankshaft pulley.
Does it look like a new one has been fitted?

No it's definitively not a roller or a pulley.

It's some sort of engine mounting damper as shown in the last photo I posted.

It has a thick circular rubber moulding bonded to the big end and I guess would run miles out of true if you did try to spin it.

It's only about 2 1/2" diameter by 4" long that's why I put the rule in the 1st photos to give some idea of actual size.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome