Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Anyone elses Renault hate winter?

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 27th November 2010 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Anyone elses Renault hate winter?

Winter has to be my favourite season. Love the snow, the cold and Christmas.

But my Mégane likes to make a song and dance of it. It protests every winter. Things just stop working, or need replaced, and to make it worse, December is MOT time!!

Last Winter, the Hands Free locking desided to stop working, so I had to take the key card out of my pocket to lock the car - how inconvenient! Also, really cold mornings would provoke an AUTO WIPER FAULT. The Exhaust also needed replacing and one of the lighting circuits kept tripping creating a need for a stock of 10A fuses ready for replacement!

Now that winter is upon us again, the exhaust has started blowing a bit, I have a CHECK INJECTION message making for poor starting and sluggish performance and when the passenger wing mirror electrically unfolds it just keeps going 180 degrees!

On the plus side, the Auto Climate Control and Heated Seats are outstanding.

Anybody elses Renault as grumpy as it's owner on these cold mornings!?
Currently in MéganeDynamique's garage:
Avantime 3.0 V6 24v Privilège Auto, Vel Satis 3.0 dV6 Initiale, Vel Satis 2.2 dCi Auto Privilège, Laguna II 3.0 V6 24v Dynamique, Mégane II 2.0 VVT Dynamique, Mégane 1.6 Auto Privilège+ Convertible, Clio 1.9 RT-D
  5 Lastest Threads by MéganeDynamique
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
The new Mégane CC - any owners? Cars dinn 7 4813 10th June 2013 10:38 PM
Thermostat Location - '96 Clio Diesel Engines madnoel10 3 1162 16th March 2013 09:39 PM
Megane II - Xenon headlight fault Electronics dave_mezza2006 7 5612 27th January 2013 03:54 PM
3.0 V6 24v - Which Oil? Engines MéganeDynamique 2 1226 25th September 2012 12:24 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome