Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2 - Bonnet Catch Failures

View Single Post
post #1031 of (permalink) Old 29th November 2010
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: BBC Watchdog report :: Faulty Renault Clio bonnet catches

I was driving to work today at about 40-50 miles an hr. The bonnet flew up, luckily as I was driving quite slowly the screen didn't smash but the bonnet will need replacing.
I heard about the fault on Watchdog and I also received a letter a couple of years ago telling me to get the catch checked. I went and they said it was fine. Then about a year ago I got another letter saying exactly the same thing. I phoned and told them I had it checked awhile ago and they said that's fine then.
Thanks to Watchdog the problem was highlighted to me. Over the years I've always half expected this to happen, so I was prepared and tried not to panic.
I had my car serviced in Jan this yr which included oiling of the catch. My car also passed the MOT a couple of months ago. I phoned Renault: the answer was the same old script....
I missed a whole day at work-I'm a junior doctor so not turning up means others have to work twice as hard. I feel let down by Renault and their lack of onus. I'm surprised this hasn't resulted in a fatality yet. I think it's been a matter of luck no one has been killed.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome