Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic II - Engines - 1.6VVT Auto 2nd Gear

View Single Post
post #31 of (permalink) Old 2nd December 2010
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Angry Re: Renault Scenic II - Engines - 1.6VVT Auto 2nd Gear

Originally Posted by Orphee View Post
Renault are aware of Scenic automatic gearbox issues. There was a recent radio discussion highlighting it in France.
If your car is in warranty take it to your local dealer to get fixed.
My Scenic has a similar problem which has been identified to be possibly a fault with the hydraulic distributer. It is unfortunately out of warranty so the repair would be in the region of about 600.
If you are like me out of warranty, my advice would be to get a quote for a repair and contact Renault Customer Service to complain and request their assistance to correct the problem. This is what I would advise everyone with a similar issue to do so that we can re-instate our confidence with Renault.
I have had two problems recently with my 2006 Grand Scenic Auto. Ane 'electronic gearbox' warning message came up and the car felt sluggish and the heaterfan worked intermittently. The car has been on the Renault dealers diagnostic and they state that the EVG solenoid/Hydraulic Distributor may need replacing or possibly the gearbox. It's only dome 29000 miles!! I have called RCS as suggested here, to be told it's not a common/known problem and they will not assist. The fan issue is due to a resistor, RCS state the same regarding this. It is clearly not the case that this is unknown to them as both these problems are widely reported. What can I do now?!
Currently in pipandrich's garage:
2006 Renault Grand scenic
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome