Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna II Phase I - Drove, stopped and it wouldn't restart

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 9th August 2006 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Angry Laguna II Phase I - Drove, stopped and it wouldn't restart

Yesterday, I had a problem. I moved my Lag II about 100yards, parked it - got out for a couple of minutes (stopping engine in process and taking out keycard) but did not lock the car doors.

I was only stood nearby, but when I got back in and put the card in the slot - the engine would not fire up. Only the (what I imagine is) immobiliser red light blinked at me.

Despite getting out, locking doors, then unlocking and getting back in - nothing worked.

In a strop I phoned the missus who came down with the spare keycard - but still nothing.

Fortunately for me, there was a Mercedes dealer and garage right across the road - and a kind mechanic offered to assist. Unfortunately he knew nothing about Renaults ignition setup, so I suggested we disconnect the battery for a minute or two. Good idea - until I popped the hood to find that the two battery terminals were screwed into place. I mean how useful is that?? Not.

Mechanic ran back to Merc garage, returned with the tools, disconnected battery - which thankfully did the trick.

I fear that this could happen again and I think a trip to the diagnostic centre is needed.

Only, now my radio doesn't work and it won't accept the code printed inside my service booklet. AARRRGGHHH
Currently in LagunaPaul's garage:
2002 Renault Laguna II 1.9dCi
  5 Lastest Threads by LagunaPaul
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Slight loss of uuummmppphhh Engines chris m 1 1245 16th April 2007 07:10 PM
What is this for? Cars & motoring Gasjunkie 3 1267 8th April 2007 02:51 PM
MPG is way, way down! Engines LagunaPaul 3 1429 19th November 2006 07:52 PM
Renault Laguna 2 - Entering Radio Code Electronics Orinoco74 23 68731 11th August 2006 07:22 PM
Laguna II Phase I - Drove, stopped and it... Cars & motoring colin39 1 1282 9th August 2006 12:26 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome