Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Modus DCI 86 fuel Gauge Accuracy?

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 3rd December 2010 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Modus DCI 86 fuel Gauge Accuracy?

I have just exchanged my 2006 Modus DCI for a 2008 Grand Modus DCI 86.

My old Modus was very economical and delivered 52-58mpg and the fuel gauge, fuel used and fuel bars were quite accurate.

The fuel computer on the new G Modus had not been reset for some time and was showing 57.5mpg when I bought it. A good sign I thought.

I filled up the fuel tank and 8 bars were showing and reset the fuel computer.

I have noticed that I according to the computer I am getting 48mpg (weather is very cold which may have affected this), indeed my trip mileage and my fuel useage figures so far correspond i.e. 1 gallon used 48 miles covered.

However, what is bothering me is that the bars on my fuel gauge seem to be disapearing quicker than they should. I have now got 55 miles on my trip and three bars have gone!

This is rather worrying as at some point my fuel gauge bars will show little fuel left but my fuel computer etc show a different story.

Is there a fault with the fuel level bars? Has there been any history of this sort of problem with some Modus?

I believe that there has been a problem with 3/4 full tanks when owners thought they were full?

I filled my tank until the pump clicked and I am sure that all the bars were showing. But this would account for my problem if I really had only 3/4 of a tank.

I would be grateful for any ideas, comments etc.

The car is still under the manufacturers warranty.

5 Lastest Threads by gzerovti
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Modus DCI 86 fuel Gauge Accuracy? Cars & motoring gzerovti 4 2783 3rd December 2010 12:48 PM
Hello Welcome to RenaultForums dave_mezza2006 1 503 3rd December 2010 12:26 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome