Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Rubbing on brakes of New Clio Sport Tourer w/ 1200km

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10th December 2010 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Rubbing on brakes of New Clio Sport Tourer w/ 1200km

I recently got a new Clio Sport Tourer 1.5 dci 85 Expression. After while at appx. 800km, the brakes started making a wierd noise like a rubber on metal rubbing. This sound happens only after doing a stop from a velocity greater than 60 km/hr and just before accelerating, like at less than 10 km/hr. For example, exiting the motor way and stopping at a red traffic light close by. While stopping there is no sound at all but when the light turns green, while accelerating, the sound occurs until I reach speed greater than 10km/hr. Then everything is back to normal which is to say the sound stops occuring.

I think it might be the brake disc overheating but I dont know for sure since I am no mechanic. But one time when the sound occurs I tried to stop and touch the front disc brakes, it was too hot to touch and I couldnīt keep my fingers on it for more than 5 seconds.

Can this be normal on new cars or should I bring the car to the renault mechanic to have it checked. the car now has 1200 kms and it still does the same thing but I dont think it had gotten any worst at all.
  5 Lastest Threads by dhen
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Single Knock under the car on Clio Grand Tour... Steering and Suspension christopherM 3 1226 2nd July 2011 11:22 AM
Rubbing on brakes of New Clio Sport Tourer w/... Brakes/Hubs dhen 4 1163 10th December 2010 04:44 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome