Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - is this fair? handbrake recall on Scenic

View Single Post
post #23 of (permalink) Old 16th December 2010
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: is this fair? handbrake recall on Scenic

Truly chilling, reading what is in this forum...I have also sent my Renault Scenic in for the Hand Brake Safety Recall during late 2010, and I also have had my hand brake fail a short journey later.

People, I have been dealing with a Mr Gentry at Renault Customer services complaint line (08000 72 33 72) - please coordinate through him, since he says it is an 'enormous coincindence'. So does the authorised dealer that did the safety recall. Surely if enough people funnel through one person at Renault, progress might be made for some kind of compensation for the repairs.

I have always believed the hand brake failing almost straight after a hand brake software update, as a coincidence is a pure farce! Renault burying their heads in the sand to avoid a large compensation exercise.

Oh, in my case the dealers diagnostic system says it is the Hand Brake Motor that has gone, which is inside a 'sealed unit', so the sealed unit plus labour to mend this problem is about 500 inclusive of VAT.

Anybody had any success at resolving the issue at zero cost? Perhaps reseting something? Any progress please keep adding to this forum!
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome