Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Brakes on Laguna II come on by themselves

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 16th December 2010 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Brakes on Laguna II come on by themselves

There I was descending some steep hills on the country and on a few bends the right side front brakes seemed to come on without pressing the pedal. The wheel slowed for a split second in short succession. The ESP light on the dash came on, meaning the ESP system has kicked in to "free" the wheel. Not a nice thing to happen. The brakes would have been hot.

And on any bends the wheels made "clattering noises" but this stopped when I applied the brakes. Same problem?

Can ill fitting brake pads do all this? I replaced the pads with ones that came with a second hand wheel hub and they might be cheapies.

5 Lastest Threads by groppo
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Laguna II steering rack replacement Steering and Suspension Ben Detoy 4 1499 19th March 2014 01:48 AM
Laguna II hard steering one direction Steering and Suspension groppo 1 762 24th May 2013 02:48 AM
Laguna more torque after belt change Engines bigiainw 6 1555 20th May 2013 12:56 PM
Renault II window cables installation Interiors groppo 1 702 15th March 2013 06:01 AM
Different Laguna II rear bush problem Steering and Suspension groppo 6 1549 17th February 2013 10:55 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome