Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Scenic comparison

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 17th December 2010
Scenic comparison

I test drove a 7 seater Scenic Mk11 today, just to get an idea of any difference between it and my 5 seat Scenic mk11. Same engine, 2.0 VVT manual, but it has 20k more miles than mine.

It highlighted some interesting issues I've noticed with my car that I thought was just me being over critical.

1) The steering did not have that annoying stiff midpoint which I assumed was a feature of the electronic motorised steering. It also didn't seem to turn so overly sharply, like mine does.
It may be linked to my car having iffy top mount bearings, but I wouldn't think they could affect it that much.

2) The car did not throw me about over undulations, unlike mine seems to.

3)The gearchange was quiet, smooth and unfussed. My car makes an audible notchy, clunk on each change which comes from the gearlever area, not the gearbox. I know the gearchange is cable operated, so is there any adjustment possible?

I know that all cars drive differently, but it was very noticeably different to mine.

What I am asking for I suppose is whether other Scenic Mk11 owners have similar experience regarding these things on their Scenics.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome