Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Megane II keyless card locking problem

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11th August 2006 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Question Megane II keyless card locking problem

To lock the car one simply presses any one of the buttons (in the handle) on each door or the rubber button on the boot lid; one press locks and 2 presses deadlock. Mine only works intermittently and variably! Most frequently driver's button doesn't work, followed by rear door driver's side. Occasionally other 2 doors don't work but when this happens the 2 on driver's side also don't work. The boot button has always worked, fortunately. The dealer has looked at it 3 times (may be 4) but each time can't find a fault and it works when I get the car back. But then it goes again. Any ideas on how I can tell dealer what to look for?

NB. Using the card to lock/unlock the car always works. The doors always unlock whenever a door handle is 'used'. Megane II 1.6 VVT + Comfort pack
Currently in DespyDan's garage:
2014 Capture Dynamique S MediaNav 1.5dCi
  5 Lastest Threads by DespyDan
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Megane 2 Footwell lights stay on Electronics fastzyza 3 4378 21st March 2010 12:50 PM
Megane II keyless card locking problem Electronics chrisash32 1 3922 11th August 2006 12:18 PM
Renault Megane II electric window problem Electronics John Dough 8 71025 11th July 2006 09:18 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome