Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Trafic Vs Transit.

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 22nd December 2010 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Trafic Vs Transit.

Hi all,

i currently own a 2008 LL29 DCI 115 renault trafic which i have owned from new. It is now coming up to the 3 year mark of ownership and i am thinking of a new vehicle, the reason being is when i first got the van i was offered a courier job with TNT and with promise of up to 1000 a week. The only glitch being i had a black van and it needed to be white. Guess what being so stupid i got a quick respray costing 750. Champion, so i thouht the job went belly up and i was only making 140 a week after expesens and doing 100+ hours a week.

Within 6 months of owning the van i had accumilated 36000 miles and lost my 12 year anti corrosion warrenty. Absolutely gutted, had a nice new smart looking black van to white high milage paint flaking van. doesn't get much worse really. Then i started to receive factory recalls for the van, 3 in total if i can remember rightly. Fair enough i though at least renault are doing something about it. I have had no other problems with the van apart from something to do with the ac loosing gas somewhere and a track rod end had worn. Not bad considering i have 70,000 miles on the van now. Everything was ok until it comes down to Renaults customer service or no customer service if ya like.

Anyway, i called to see my dealer who is a ford dealer for some advice. He said that the best bet was to take the van back after the 3 year mark and return the vehicle to clear my hp because i will get nowhere near list price for the vehicle selling privately or trade in. My question now is do i go back down the road of a fairly reliable trafic with appalling customer service or do i go to the transit side of things. I don't really have to much info on the ford front apart from what he dealers have said at ford and i bet you can imagine what they have told me. so any help would be much appreciated on which vehicle to buy next.

Many thanks for looking and kind regards,

Currently in Brycey's garage:
08 Trafic LL29 Dci 115
  5 Lastest Threads by Brycey
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Trafic Vs Transit. Cars & motoring Brycey 9 11058 22nd December 2010 08:00 AM
2001 Scenic Auto major engine trouble Engines 9 1660 16th December 2010 07:59 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome