Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Megane Cabriolet 2006 - Problem with Bonnet

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 25th December 2010 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Arrow Megane Cabriolet 2006 - Problem with Bonnet

Hi and thanks for checking out this post.
Long story short - I have had a 2006 Megane Convertible for a few months but here in the UK the weather has been awful.
I did make an effort earlier on this week (Tuesday) to leave the engine running for a while so as not to let the battery run out but last night I found out the following
i) The flashing red light (alarm/immobiliser) has stopped.
ii) I cannot open the doors by pushing the button on the card.
I can open the doors by using the key but there is no sign of activity when I try to start the car.
Im surprised that the glove box seems to be locked (!) is that correct or has it just been frozen over ?
The big problem now is that Im trying to open the bonnet to get at the battery. Now I can see the black 'T' lever in the grill at the front, but try as I might I can NOT see the bonnet release lever, the one Im supposed to activate first. I've looked on the renault site and have seen some of the on-line handbooks and I know where it should be but its crazy as there is nothing there ! Its bizarre.
Again - this is a renault megane convertible 2006 right hand drive. I'd really appreciate any help anyone with a similar model car can provide esp. a photo...
  5 Lastest Threads by Markmorgan10
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Megane Cabriolet 2006 - Problem with Bonnet Cars & motoring Rentech 3 3367 25th December 2010 02:57 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome