Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Trafic Vs Transit.

View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 26th December 2010
Veteran Member
Technical Supremo
Nominated 2 Times in 20 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 18
Thanked 1,103 Times in 942 Posts
Re: Trafic Vs Transit.

We have had a few new Transits in our fleet at work and they have been OK,the first two we had were leased (one Jumbo,one LWB) and the Jumbo gave a few problems (one starter motor,one broken rear spring which could have caused a nasty accident),they both went back to the lease company and now we have another Jumbo which is ours and that had to have a complete clutch kit at 14k/less than a year old due to the slave cylinder leaking and the fluid getting on to the clutch causing it to slip.There have been a number of other niggling little things that have happened,but these haven't been 100% a fault with the van and more the type of abuse it gets on a day to day basis.I have to admit though,all have driven really nicely and the 2.4 Tdci engine is really strong and they go really,really well.They have all had a hard life due to being permanently in Citylink multi-dropping which is pretty much the most work you can ask of any van,but for the cost of them (especially when compared to the over-rated Sprinter) they are very good.

We run a few older shaped Masters/Movanos and they have been very good,I would rate one over a Trafic for sure.I would definately think about having a short wheel based Master instead of a Trafic,looking in the van press the new van is picking up a lot of awards from those in the trade.

I must admit,working for TNT I'm surprised they let you get away with a Trafic,we do a lot of work for Citylink and they specify a 4m load area as a bare minimum,although at the moment due to a massive backlog in the system they will accept pretty much any van with any driver as long as they can get some parcels out!.

I'd rather push my Alfa than drive a BMW....
Currently in Lagdti's garage:
2004 Saab 9-5 HOT Aero and a 2001 Audi A3 1.8 Turbo
The Following User Says Thank You to Lagdti For This Useful Post:
Brycey (4th January 2011)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome