Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Engines - Turbo Diesel Engine Problems

View Single Post
post #53 of (permalink) Old 11th August 2006
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
laguna maintenance

Having read most of this thread and the thread over at parkers. I have since gone ahead and purchased the recommend oil that everyone seems to rave about, AMSOIL.

Anyway, after having my turbo blow it must more than a year ago now and finding out what a clogged/sticky EGR valve does. I regularily clean it, but what I have noticed and what I haven't seen in any of these threads is mention of the manifold. From my experience the channels in the manifold fill up (not block but narrow) with the same oily carbon particulates that clogs the EGR valve. So when I clean the EGR valve I also clean the channels in the manifold.

This may only be related to the 1.9 dci model.

Has anyone else noticed the amount of oil that seems to come from the crankcase breather pipe? Could this be the reason the EGR becomes clogged?

Also, has anyone noticed the rubber hoses that connect to the intercooler becoming very dirty. I only have experience of maintaining my car, but I believe they are porous (not so you can feel air leaking rather that the pipes are oozing a liquid). They seem attract the dust ,dirt and grime. The surrounding area is relatively clean. Is this possible?
Currently in lambcutlet's garage:
2001 Laguna II 1.9dCi
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome