Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault - Scenic - Two Possible Fixes For Poor Performance On 1.9Dci

View Single Post
post #24 of (permalink) Old 30th December 2010
tim c
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault - Scenic - Two Possible Fixes For Poor Performance On 1.9Dci

Help! while driving on the motorway last week my scenic dci suddenly lost power.The car idles OK but when I try and build up the power it feels like fuel starvation - and the engine is misfiring. I managed to get the car up to 50 mph to get the my destination (airport) but with any hill or I attempted to give acceleration it would just die.
No smoke but the ECU light would come on and occasionally go off. My problem is, I fly back to the airport next week and have no idea how to get my car going to make my 400km drive back home... I have read the forums and think it may be either MAF or EGR . I have ordered a MAF which I hope to bring back and switch. Could anyone please point in the direction of other possible faults?
I was driving about three hours through snow and slush before this happened - the car part salesman who sold me the MAF reckoned it could be frozen diesel or frozen moisture in the filter. Any other tips would be greatly appreciated
Currently in tim c's garage:
2010 Grand Scenic 1.9 dci 65K kms; 1968 VW beetle 1500
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome