Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic RX4 - Various Questions

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 31st December 2010
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Re: Just got a Scenic RX4

Hi Justin, welcome, from me in Oztraya(don't mention the ashes)

The Rx4 does have a parcel shelf. It is removable so likely the previous owner left it out. I'd say, easy to get one from the breakers. The shelf fits at 2 levels too.

One word of advice from a long time owner would be to give the car a full fluid and filter change ASAP too. Diff oil , gearbox oil and coolant as well as engine oil , if it hasn't been done. I am running Lucas oil stabiliser in the diff of mine and Penrite gearbox N70 in the g-box. I have mine on 50,000km box/diff fluid changes as they have been known to be sensitive in the g/b area. More often than not, the LHS driveshaft seal leaks at the box end, hence emptying the box and killing it.

Mine has been reliable for me with no major hassle over 5 years and about 80,000km.
I think your wife will love it more over time too. I dislike travelling in 'cars' after driving mine as it's got a great view of the world from where it sits.

Always willing to offer any help I can, albeit from afar.

Currently in OzRX4's garage:
2001 Megane Scenic RX4 Privelege Verve, 2003 Clio Privelege 1.4auto, {son's car}
The Following User Says Thank You to OzRX4 For This Useful Post:
jmx6 (31st December 2010)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome