Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Idiot call centres

View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 20th September 2005
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
The worst call centre I know of is my credit card company. I have a couple of VISA cards with them, so they're still allowed to ring me with special offers in spite of my number being TPS registered.

Not content with keep sending me credit card cheques (that go straight in the shredder) they keep phoning with special offers on balance transfers and cash advances. The problem is that they have this ludicrously antisocial calling system which auto-dials customers without first making sure there's an operator available to talk to them. If you pick up and there's nobody free, it just hangs up on you. Worse still, the system phones daily until someone's actually managed to speak to you.

Sometimes, I've had this happen at least half a dozen days in a row, by which time I've been ready to kill someone. When you finally get to speak to someone, the nuiscance calls stop. That's how, after a few times, I eventually worked out who it was.

I complained to BT, but they claim they can't do anything because the caller ID is 'unavailable' rather than 'withheld.' I asked them to just block 'unavailable' callers, but they say it can't be done. Last time round, I gave the poor operator from the bank a whole load of abuse and told them I didn't want to be contacted again. It's improved the situation a great deal, but it still happens from time to time.

Edit: I forgot the truly ironic part. I have both cards set up to pay the balance in full by direct debit every month. I only really use them for business expenses, so that I'm not personally out of pocket before I can put my claim in. No matter how hard I try, I can't get through to them that if they lend me 10 grand, it'll only get taken out of my bank by direct debit the following month anyway. Muppets!
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome