Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Severe dent on drivers main door on my clio 05

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 3rd January 2011 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Unhappy Severe dent on drivers main door on my clio 05

So annoyed, since just before christmas while my Clio was parked outside my house, it seems some idiot of a driver reversed in to my car and sped off. I'm so annoyed as my drivers door has a big dent in it and im not sure how to go about fixing it. This totally ruined my christmas. The thing is I bought this car only 2 months ago and am really disappointed. I can't claim off my insurance because this is my first insurance policy and im with elephant which as some others might know, if you report anything to them, your premium is likely to double. Im cash strapped at the moment so ideally I need to fix it my self.

If anyone can give me some advice on removing the inner panel of the door to get get access to the outer panel, this would be much appreciated, I reckon if I get access, I can push the dent out from the inside. im just worried about the electrics because its got electric side mirrors and windows.

Alternatively if anyone can recommend a reasonable priced garage around or near the meton area that might help.

Preferably if someone can give me good advice in carrying out this job myself, it would really help me. I just can't get over people who just can't drive and smash peoples property and get away with it and I can't leave the dent there because it can be seen a mile away and it just hurts to look at it.

Just to let you know, its an 05 renault Clio model.

Currently in sstephani's garage:
1.2 renault clio fire red 2005
  5 Lastest Threads by sstephani
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Engine violently shaking and lack of power Engines sstephani 2 1766 7th June 2012 09:50 AM
Severe dent on drivers main door on my clio 05 Bodywork sstephani 0 1098 3rd January 2011 01:49 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome