Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - 2000 scenic buying advice

View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 3rd January 2011
Honorary Yorkshireman just in Derbyshire
Nominated 19 Times in 15 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 5
Thanked 1,693 Times in 1,296 Posts
Re: 2000 scenic buying advice

Boot may not be bigger, but IMHO the total rear area, especially with the rear seats folded or removed, is SO much more usable. As far a being a "womans car" goes, you will notice a lot of women driving Scenics. My Mrs for one, loves hers (her second). As a "white van man" myself, Scenic upright driving is preferable, to the roller skate she used to have.
The Scenic 16v can be noisy, but that's usually when I drive it into "hooligan mode" 3k revs upwards. Running light throttle reduces the induction roar to minimal levels. I went for the last of the Phase 2's coz I didn't want the problems of auto-handbrake, key-cards, dash failure & self combustion. Similarly, the last of the line has all the faults sorted & all the toys as standard. Not all Scenics have twin sunroofs, Aircon & CD Player as standard.
Currently in Nottnoc's garage:
2008 Scenic Mk2 Dynamique 1.6 K4M 782. 1998 BMW K1100LTSE, 1994 MotoGuzzi Caifornia 3 LAPD, 1972 Norton Commando, 2010 Trafic SL29 M9R782 115, Lots of tools, Camping Gear & Booze
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome