Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Rear Offside Door Opens From The Inside But Not The Outside

View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 4th January 2011
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Rear Offside Door Opens From The Inside But Not The Outside

The Rod is a threaded bar that looks like a giant self-tapping screw, and the handle has a metal clip on it that clips onto the rod from the side.

It's relatively easy to re-attach but takes a couple of goes to get the adjustment right so it doesn't pop off again.

...thanks DeeselTourer.....

I found the threaded bar that you mentioned..but it has a clip that is threaded onto it, that then goes into the hole on the inner side of the door handle. I reattached the clip into the hole and it opened the door fine. However after one or two times of opening the door, the clip popped out of the hole (in the handle) again. You mentioned that you need to give it a few goes to ensure it doesn't pop off again, do you mean turning the clip up the thread of the rod so that it is in the correct line to go into the hole?

One other question, should the rod and clip go into the handle from the right hand side (looking at the door from inside the car), i.e pull the rod over from the left of the handle to the right and then put the clip into the door handle?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Currently in Tunlayani's garage:
2006 Saab 9-3 1.9 TDi, 2000 Renault Megane RXi 1.6
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome