Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Megane Rear Brake Discs - how too

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 7th January 2011 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Re: Megane Rear Brake Discss - how too

I used non Renault parts
Hi Neil, just spotted this, I take it the non Renault parts did not put on your ABS light, strange isn't it how some cars it does others it does not, over the past 12 months we must have done in the workshop around 8 rear disc changes now the first 6 we used motor factors but at least 4 went back with ABS light on, one set, one of lads took home for his own hatch decided to ignor the ABS light, fitted them and it didn't put it on how strange is that, so we are now wondering if it is the cars pickup ring which is twitchy, not the disc ring, yet the genuine discs we never get a problem with.
Heck of a lot cheaper if you can get away with it, all I will say is make sure the discs you are looking at do have the ring, it is possible to remove the ring and put it on the new disc without braking the ring but rarely sucessful in operation, apparantly you can warm them up with a heat gun to expand them move them over quickly and let them contract, they very rare grip after, although the discs are many pounds cheaper without the ring personally I don't think it is worth the hassel. the chances of it working are VERY low.
Currently in christopherM's garage:
Megane CC 1.9Dci 2004 & Megane Coupe 1.4 16v 1999
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome