Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Hope These Haven't Fallen Off My Vel Satis?

View Single Post
post #15 of (permalink) Old 8th January 2011 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Hope These Haven't Fallen Off My Vel Satis?

I've racked my brains and, no, we've not done anything DIY, council tip or similar recently, for quite some weeks. And our neighbours haven't either. Well, not any neighbours close enough, as I found these metal things on a part of the drive they wouldn't have "wandered to".

I guess I was just being paranoid, seeing as the car has been running really well recently, but when I started it yesterday, everything felt rough as nails, like the steering, the exhaust, the engine vibration, the whole lot. So I just jumped to thinking the mystery metal bits were related, seeing as I can feel a vibration through the steering wheel at parking/very slow speeds less than 5mph, when the wheel is turned more than 45 degrees, so maybe the metal bits have loosened something, which vibrates through the wheel when it's at a certain angle. I can't jack it up or see underneath, so I guess I'll just assume all is ok and drive cautiously next time I go out in it?

UK Renault Vel Satis 3.0 DV6 dCi auto owner
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome