Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - What should I be looking out for?

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 9th January 2011 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
What should I be looking out for?

Hi all, new to the forums here.

This morning my mother and father ordered a brand new Renault Clio from the dealer, should be ready to pick up in 7 to 10 days.

Now, this is the first time there's ever been a Renault in the family and I was reluctant to let them spend their money on it, having bad experiences with French motors in the past - namely the Peugeot 405 that they're replacing (engine disintegrating at only 70000 miles).

I notice the Clio didn't score too great on the JD Power Survey 2010 although reliability wasn't highlighted as a key issue.

However, I was wondering if any of you on these forums have any suggestions as to what to look out for on the Clio or what to take particular care and attention of. Hoping that this car is going to last a long time.

I'm glad to be part of the Renault community though, to be honest the Peugeot community aren't too helpful in my experience.

5 Lastest Threads by Gigagator
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Weird 'gunk' under engine oil filler cap on Clio.... Engines DaciaLoganLaureate 13 5122 12th August 2013 04:58 PM
New car coming tomorrow! My mottah! scatz 13 2886 16th January 2011 03:17 PM
What should I be looking out for? Cars & motoring Gigagator 2 767 9th January 2011 02:57 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome