Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna 54 plate - To buy or not to buy? That is the question!!

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10th January 2011
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 4 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 5
Re: Laguna 54 plate - To buy or not to buy? That is the question!!

Hello and welcome to the forum rebel raiser

As you have mentioned yourself, you either buy a good one or a bad one......pot luck really. I will go as far to say that that's pretty much the same with any marque of car you buy though as they all have their own particular faults!

Seems to me like you do thoroughly research before a purchase and rightly so.

My opinion, and that's all it is as I've never owned a Mk2 Laguna is that it's a great car to own and most definitely a mile muncher in much comfort as will all Renaults! Seeing as you've researched and driven without the seemingly average faults appearing my bet is that the car should treat you well but then.....who knows what might happen ten miles down the road, no ones a fortune teller on here either unfortunately

As you say, negotiate the negative points in the asking price and ensure you budget for the belt to be done as it's due NOW.

Go with your gut instinct and perhaps not listen to people that tell you to steer clear all together as there are plenty of Laguna owners who have had no issues apart from normal wear and tear items

Currently in scatz's garage:
2004 Subaru Legacy GT Spec B, a 2013 2.0 TDCi Titanium X Sport S-Max and a 2001 Honda NSR125R
The Following User Says Thank You to scatz For This Useful Post:
rebel raiser (10th January 2011)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome