Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault - Scenic II - Digital Display Flickering*Fixed*

View Single Post
post #110 of (permalink) Old 12th January 2011
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault - Scenic II - Digital Display Flickering*Fixed*

Hi all, I may be able to help with a quick fix for this problem. Two of the worst things when faced with the blank/flickering dash is not knowing how fast you're going, and not knowing how much fuel you have.
I had the flashing dash syndrome, so i stripped it down and soon realised that when i applied upwards (as you look at the dash) pressure to the grey connection plug, everything returned to normal!!!
Here's how to do it -
1, Gently prisen the grey cover (the one directly above the perspex display screen) upwards and outwards.

2, You will see the pale grey connector with wires leading to it.

3. Remove the two screws that hold the display in place.

4,Gently pull out the whole dash unit.

5, Secure a small piece of plastic approx 5 mm thick (i used a small rubber wedge) in between the connector and the top of the perspex display, therefore applying permanent upwards pressure on the pale grey connector.

6, Ease the display back in place and fix in with the 2 screws.
7. Carefully replace the grey cover.

I used this method 3 months ago and my display has been fine since.

Please note that in an emergency - the job can actually be done without removing the whole instrument unit - as you can just about get a bit of plastic between the grey connector and the top part of the perspex dash display, although i just found i could do a better job with it removed.

Sorry for the lengthy post, but this "quick fix" can actually be done in 10 minutes.

Hope this may help someone.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome