Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II 1.9Dci - Engines - Hesitation Cured after EGR cleaned

View Single Post
post #186 of (permalink) Old 13th January 2011
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Smile Re: Renault Laguna II 1.9Dci - Engines - Hesitation Cured after EGR cleaned

Hi all
Iv'e had my Laguna II 1.9Dci on a 52 plate for about 6 weeks now got it at 105k now done 108k but the last 1000 miles have been awful. Started by occasionally hesitating while cruising in 6th around 70mph and a black smoke trail to boot, then while pulling away gently in 1st.
If I drive aggressively the problem seems less noticeable, Except the smoke of course.
Took it to my local Renault dealer last week and asked them to service it and diagnose my problem, guess what they couldn't get it to go wrong but said that the ecu had faults logged for MAS problems and that I should have it replaced at 229 and then go from there, I said no thanks.
I then looked for help on the net and thankfully found this site, god bless it and all who post in it.
I have just stripped out and cleaned the EGR and associated pipes, thanks to some excellent guidance from posts here, and it seems to have improved dramatically although I haven't been far as a test yet.

Thanks to everyone who posted help and instructions for this problem.
Currently in cwiller's garage:
2002 Renault Laguna II 1.9dCi.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome