Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II 1.9Dci - Engines - Hesitation Cured after EGR cleaned

View Single Post
post #188 of (permalink) Old 14th January 2011
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Laguna II 1.9Dci - Engines - Hesitation Cured after EGR cleaned

Hi everyone. I'm new here but I've been browsing for quite a while thanks to various problems with our Laguna. I thought I'd post my experience to hopefully help others and also figure out if we've gone wrong somewhere

Anyway, the first sign of a problem was when the car just suddenly stopped pulling. No matter what you done it wouldn't even scale the slightest incline up the driveway. Immediately I thought the turbo had gone. A disassembly found oil all the way through the system (pipes, intercooler etc). This was drained and a new turbo put in which we got from a local firm who sell on ebay . It was half the price of the official Renault part but they'd sold dozens of them so figured it would be fine.

So with the turbo in, system cleaned it all went back together and the problem seemed much better. The turbo now whistles but that may be helped with an adjustment I've seen mentioned?

Soon though problems returned, this time in the form of terrible hesitation that started annoying and got almost dangerous when it occured overtaking. You'd apply throttle then it would just stop revving. With some on/off on the throttle it would eventually free up, spin the turbo and leave a plume of black smoke.

Tried cleaning the EGR valve which would briefly cure the problem. Eventually we put on a brand new EGR valve which seemed to sort the issue but it's now starting to happen again.

And that's were we are now. Not sure what to do next or even what the problem is. I have a nasty feeling that all this money has been spent but the basic problem has still been overlooked.

Been quite a hassle and now various electronic problems creeping in. Hopefully we can figure the next step
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome