Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Dint near petrol flap?

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 14th January 2011
S.M.A.R.T.(y) Pants
Nominated 11 Times in 37 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 17
Thanked 2,467 Times in 1,851 Posts
Re: Dint near petrol flap?

A means of pullng the dent is probably the best method.

Its unfortunate its on the petrol cap side, as the manufacturer places extra shielding to protect the occupants in the event of an impact.

As a consequence, there will be a lot of bracing which will seriously inhibit access behind the dent.

However, it is always best to be realistic about your expectations, dents can stretch metal, and there is always the possibility that whilst improvements can be made - there may still be some evidence (which you could see, as you know where to look).

It also has to be remembered that less force can be specifically applied by pulling, rather than pushing the dent out.

I would recommend speaking to a SMART repairer rather than attempting something yourself.

This job should never be complete - the day I think I've done it all, is the day I resign.

S.M.A.R.T. Technician
Currently in VelSatisfied's garage:
2005 FIAT Ducato 2.8JTD LWB Gran Volume, 2000 Kawasaki ZZR 1100 D7 'fullpower' in black + full GIVI & KAPPA luggage, 2007 MB R-Class 320 CDi Sport LWB uprated by Brabus to 300Bhp don't know if there's a 155mph limiter - will be fun finding out! 2004 Mercedes Vaneo 1.7 CDi Ambiente 7-seater
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome