Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - RX4 Rear Door Problems

View Single Post
post #15 of (permalink) Old 14th January 2011
tim c
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: RX4 Rear Door Problems

Originally Posted by OzRX4 View Post
Hi Tim, did you get the door open at all? The window latch has now died on mine and won't open. Was going to open the car up today to dry it after all the rain. Tried my belt it method but it won't work today.
More important stuff here at the moment though, with all the flooding. As far as I know all my friends and family are safe and well.

Hi Oz,
I had to change the lock at the window in the end. It wasnt a cable or switch problem after all. Since then my cylinder head gasket had to be changed (split between 2 cylinders- motor had tapping noise as result) and returning from visiting my folks in Irl last week, the gas pedal sensor grounded me in the airport carpark at Amsterdam.DF073.Only had idle. Got it replaced but it turned out to be a cable issue between sensor and ECU - cost me a small fortune in last 4 weeks ...However have to keep my car troubles in perpective when I see the pictures coming your side of the world...
Keep safe

Currently in tim c's garage:
2010 Grand Scenic 1.9 dci 65K kms; 1968 VW beetle 1500
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome