Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Megane II keyless card locking problem

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 13th August 2006
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by DespyDan
To lock the car one simply presses any one of the buttons (in the handle) on each door or the rubber button on the boot lid; one press locks and 2 presses deadlock. Mine only works intermittently and variably! Most frequently driver's button doesn't work, followed by rear door driver's side. Occasionally other 2 doors don't work but when this happens the 2 on driver's side also don't work. The boot button has always worked, fortunately. The dealer has looked at it 3 times (may be 4) but each time can't find a fault and it works when I get the car back. But then it goes again. Any ideas on how I can tell dealer what to look for?

NB. Using the card to lock/unlock the car always works. The doors always unlock whenever a door handle is 'used'. Megane II 1.6 VVT + Comfort pack

Got a similar problem with my Megane, mine is a late 2002 one, one of the first to be sold.

After a few trips to Renault they told me I have an intermittent fault with the card sensors. My boot one hardly works and my passenger side does not at all. (I have the 3 door model) my problem now is that the driverís side is starting to do it as well. I replaced the battery in the remote, seemed to work at first but then went back to its old tricks.

I have a nice long list of things that Renault need to do to my car, mostly electrical problems, but as it is out of warranty now; it will be expensive!!

I am thinking of getting rid and getting a new Laguna or a VW Jetta / Eos. But I do like the Megane so much!

Currently in chrisash32's garage:
2002 Renault Megane Sport II 1.9dCi
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome