Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Short Circuit?

Thread: Short Circuit?
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 14th August 2006 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
51 plate Renault Clio Short Circuit?

I own a 51 plate 1.4 16v Clio Privelege which I have owned from new and was an import sourced from Holland.

1. THE MAIN PROBLEM . A 15 amp fuse in the fuse holder in the end of the dashboard keeps blowing. This fuse is for the Rr wash and wipe, Ft wash only, reversing lights, heated rear windscreen, air circulating buttons next to the air con button. Sometimes when you try to replace the fuse it arcs as soon as you put the fuse near. Other times you can replace the fuse without a problem and all systems run fine from it simultaneously, turn engine on and off without it blowing, But then drive away and it sometimes it may blow.
I have stripped and lubricated the front and rear wash/wipe etc. But it still does it.

For about a year now the sun roof has leaked in heavy rain only and drips from the corner of the roof lining where it moulds around the drivers sun visor. ( dont know if related to electrical problem). Have read the other links re sunroof/ariel.

2. In the last three months the car has developed various faults.Starting with the on board computer becoming inaccurate with its readings. (this seems to have rectified itself). Read the other links.

3. Then the car has suffered intermittent starting problems. ( engine turns but does not fire at all). Starts after 2 -4 attempts then fine after. Have read the TDC links.

I am pulling out what hair I have left and would appreciate any help or advice from anyone with a similar problem?

Last edited by smifffy; 14th August 2006 at 03:33 PM.
  5 Lastest Threads by smifffy
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Short Circuit? Cars & motoring smifffy 5 2306 14th August 2006 10:47 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome