Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - laguna 2001, judder underload

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 22nd January 2011 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
laguna 2001, judder underload

hay guys, iv had my 2001 laguna 1.9dci for 2 weeks now! since having it, iv solved the climate control back lights and the broken microswitch in the key card reader?

how ever iv had a judder under loads, mainly when pulling of!! this and mpgs are only 38 on a motorway run! speaking to a mate who has 1.9dci megane he said to strip and clean the egr valve!! which i have done, while i dont know how much the mpgs will improve the judder is still there!

to clean the egr i removed the solinoid and clead that with carb cleaner! and then soaked the valve with the same cleaner for about ten minutes, then using a screw driver and some rag cleaned the gunk out! then re sprayed carb cleaner while manually opperating the valve!! i repeated the cleaning with rag and opperating the valve about ten times!! and after one last good soak put it all back together! my mate said her did this once a month for 6 months when he bought his car then once every 3 months with an oil change thereafter!

is there any thing else that could cause this judder and low mpgs?? or am i expecting alot after the first of many egr cleans ups??

other then this i love the car, doesnt seam to be down on power at all! and evan my seamingly low mpgs its better on fuel then my other car! (2.0 rover tomcat)

cheers for any help, i hope the information i have provided aids the fault finding process!
Currently in thesnake505's garage:
2001 renault laguna estate 1.9dci
  5 Lastest Threads by thesnake505
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
fuel pump problems, laguns 1.9 dci Engines madnoel10 1 881 1st August 2011 03:50 PM
laguna 2001, judder underload Cars & motoring saabguy 1 835 22nd January 2011 10:54 AM
hay guys Wheels & tyres madnoel10 1 774 17th January 2011 04:59 PM
hay all, new to the forum, and new to renault Welcome to RenaultForums scatz 5 959 17th January 2011 04:53 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome