Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Trafic Vs Transit.

View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 23rd January 2011
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Trafic Vs Transit.

Brycey, we run 2 transits both high mileage now but both very dependable. 2years ago we tried a traffic, basic spec as we all know about renault electrics!!! Bloody thing was awfull but what killed it for us was renault aftercare, or total lack of it if you like. Lots of little niggles but at 76000miles gearbox blew apart and on being recovered to renault the recovery driver said he gets a lot of these with gearbox failure. I challenged the service manager but he reckoned they had never had a problem before. Whilst waiting for a loan van, i hung around the workshop and overheard one fitter saying to another that he just got another traffic with blown gearbox to do. Renault dealers are CRAP and do not give a **** about their customers. Never have a renault van again, tho i drive a very high mileage laguna myself which, whilst not problem free has been mostly reliable and certainly not expensive to fix. Car has never seen a renault service centre since the warranty ran out, but gets looked after by my local garage. Nuff said rant over. JUBB
Currently in jubb's garage:
98 laguna 2000rt peugeot partner vauxhall insignia transit crewmaster triumph trophy 1200
The Following User Says Thank You to jubb For This Useful Post:
Brycey (25th January 2011)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome