Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Side mirror housing help ...

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 23rd January 2011 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Side mirror housing help ...

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for someone to help wth a problem with the pasenger side mirror (outside of the car). A kid bouned on the thing and now the housing is very loose. It will still close and open (and adjust electrically from the switch located on the driver's door) when I leave the car but it's pretty loose and I'm scared it may come off altogether.

My question is how can I get at this to tighten it up? Is it from the inside of my Scenic (52 reg), as there doesn't seem to be any way to get at it from the outside of the car.

I'm not sure if a grey plastic plate on the inside of the car comes off to allow access to the mirrror housing. I'm presuming it's put on and secured from the inside?

Can anyone offer any solutions?

Many thanks,

5 Lastest Threads by DaveWillow
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Engine cylinder order ... Engines Prickleypear 3 937 21st January 2014 05:58 PM
Help - Bad earth? Electronics DaveWillow 4 1279 26th June 2012 06:30 AM
Petrol warning light/sender gone mad? Electronics DaveWillow 2 1130 20th April 2011 08:48 AM
Side mirror housing help ... Bodywork DaveWillow 0 870 23rd January 2011 10:23 AM
Mirror adjustment switch Electronics DaveWillow 6 1820 9th January 2011 08:00 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome