Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - 2006 Kangoo service light !!!

View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 24th January 2011
Wild Willie
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Smile Re: 2006 Kangoo service light !!!

Originally Posted by thecanoegod View Post
Just had my card serviced in MAin Dealer in France on holiday and they couldnt turn the Spanner service light off. They dont have them on french cars. Went into my local dealer & they wanted 45 to reset it. Renault Uk dont want to know as I had my car serviced out of the Uk (Isnt it france where the cars are maid)

Anyway Does any body know how to turn off or reset the spanner light or is it a main dealer who has to do it. The instructions in the handbook dont work as i dont have the button on the end of my windscreen wiper stalk.

I don't know if this will help, but just one week after I'd purchased my s/h Kangoo (which was given a full service as part of the deal) - the service light came on!! Back to the dealer (UK)pronto, who confirmed the cog had been re-set after the service - but a sharp-eyed mechanic noticed the was a slight split in the CV joint rubber and oil had seeped out on to the cog! A good clean-up of the area and a second jubillee clip over the offending split (which was so microscopic the mechanic said it wasn't worth all the hassle of replacing the rubber until the next service, but to 'keep my eye on it' for a few hundred miles and if I saw any oil - or the light came on again, they'd put a new rubber on f.o.c.) To date, after some 2,000 miles, no oil has appeared, and the service light has remained off!
Suggestion: dive underneath and examine CV rubbers!
Currently in Wild Willie's garage:
Hi, I've just purchased a Kangoo Venture which I've named 'Hoppy'! To date am very impressed with both his performance (particularly the mpg!) and comfort/space etc.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome