Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Scenic rumble/vibration

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 24th January 2011 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Scenic rumble/vibration

Our Scenic I dci (2003) has had a strange rumbling/vibration/knocking sound for about 18 months, at the front driver's side, low down, therefore audible most of all to the driver. It isn't related to engine/wheel speed, and is not there all the time.
After (i.e. not while) going over a speedhump, this low down sound of something knocking against something else is immediately audible when subsequently going over any roughness in the road, of which we have plenty near us, and will continue for miles. It is as if something becomes destabilised by the sleeping policeman, and remains loose, until the car is parked for a while, and all becomes stable again. To my ears it sounds as if the engine isn't properly fixed!
The severity of the noise has increased over 18 months, so that now my husband is as aware of it as I am. We have taken the car into the Renault agent three times. They can neither hear the noise, nor find it! On a smooth road, at speed, it is very hard to detect.
In searching the internet, I was struck by the similarity of the thread started by Cosrush, so am putting this into Renaultforums with the hope that someone can identify the problem.
Currently in oloron's garage:
2003 Scenic 1.9dci
  5 Lastest Threads by oloron
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Scenic rumble/vibration Cars & motoring oloron 4 959 24th January 2011 06:52 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome