Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Trafic Vs Transit.

View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 25th January 2011 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Trafic Vs Transit.

Hi Jubb,

Same here mate, had nothing but greif with the renault supposed after care team. like ya say couldn,t give a **** about they're customers after they've got ya money. But, no matter how hard i try i cannot find any problems anywhere on the net with the later model trafic's. Saying that though since the begining of last week my airbag and SERV light come on when it's raining. Don't have a clue what the crack is there. Im open to suggestions everybody.

The problem i have with the transits is i had a 2009 one as a courtesy vehicle for about ten weeks whilst insurance's argued who was at fault. Anyway, within that 10 weeks i had nothing but trouble with it. Firstly, the central locking went crackers, acually manage to lock myself in the back of one when side door shut on me. bit comical really but i had to call my cousin to come let me out as the keys were in the front of the van which wierdly never locked itself but the back did with me in it. Bit of an off put from the start. Secondly, the turbo started making funny noises as though it had swallowed a duck or something. I took it to a local mechanic to see if i should report it to the insurance company. Not too sure if the what he told me was correct but he said it was just the turbo releasing pressure and most of the later trannies shave that sound. Thirdly by the time it was due to go back the van dash was like Blackpool illuminations, lights everywhere. baring in mind that the van only had about 6k on the clock i haven,t really wanted to go near one again. May have just been one of the dogs that ya get every now and then but who knows not a good sales pitch for me.

Regards, Brycey
Currently in Brycey's garage:
08 Trafic LL29 Dci 115
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome